8 Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the Lord, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.
The seventh (month of Tishri) New Moon has been sighted in Jerusalem, Israel.
10 Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the Lord your God.
23 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. 25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
The following can be garnered at the Renewed Moon site:
For Israel-based observers, the 7th new moon was sighted on Sunday evening, October 2nd in the area of Meron Mountains by David Katsikas and confirmed in Kiryat Ata by Yoel Halevi.
This would mark the arrival of the Fall Feasts — Teruah, Kippur, Sukkot:
- Day of Trumpets/Yom Teruah* (Day 1 of Month 7): October 2nd
- Day of Atonement/Yom Kippur* (Day 10 of Month 7): October 11th
- First Day of Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot* (Day 15 of Month 7): October 16th
- Last Day of Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot (Day 21 of Month 7): October 22nd
- Last Great Day/Shemini Atzeret* (Day 22 of Month 7): October 23rd
Is Yom Teruah a day of celebration or a call to arms? Perhaps it’s both.
- How Yom Teruah Became Rosh Hashanah – Nehemia’s Wall
- Sound of the Shofar – For Those Who Are Interested
- The Significance of Yom Teruah, Dr. Hillel ben David (Greg Killian)
- Yom Teruah – End Time Pilgrim
- The Feast of Trumpets, Avram Yehoshua