Salvation is a gift from the Father. All you need do is accept this gift. And the only way to the Father, to take possession of the gift, is through the Son (Jesus).
To be saved, you must be born again — i.e. born of the Spirit (John 3:3):
- REPENT of your SIN (Acts 3:19)
- BELIEVE with your HEART that Jesus died and that God raised Him from the Dead on the Third Day (Romans 10:9)
- CONFESS with your MOUTH that Jesus is LORD (Romans 10:9)
Once saved, Jesus is Lord of your life:
- WATCH ye therefore, and PRAY ALWAYS, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man (Luke 21:36; 2 Timothy 3:16)
- READ the BIBLE daily, meditating on the Word
- FELLOWSHIP with other born-again Christians (Acts 2:42)
- FOLLOW the Commandments of Jesus and DO the Father’s Will (Matthew 7:21)
- BE BAPTISED in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38), to receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (this is when the power of God will start working in your life)
- PREACH the Gospel
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
- How To Get To Heaven In 10 Minutes Or Less – Daily Truthbase
- The Way To Everlasting Life – Messiah Revealed
Salvation is the gift that keeps on giving. Once saved, all you want to do is help bring others to salvation. Oh how good it is to be loved, to be healed, to be chosen, to be able to do all things, to understand all things, and to be at peace.
What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? 9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.