Regardless of who is the new world order, we only have one world. While the industrial revolution flung man headlong into modernity, the post-modern position we find ourselves in may not be what we anticipated — our very survival sits on the proverbial knife edge. President Trump who, overall, is doing a good job, is however too beholden to big business to free his mindset from an ostensible climate change denial.
2 Peter 3 says:
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
The Lord promised to never let the globe flood again. But he never said anything about not letting it burn down.
Simple steps most of us can take include:
- Reduce emission (drive more efficiently, take fewer flights)
- Save energy (turn off appliances)
- Implement the 3 sustainability “R”s — Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Is your diet a low-carbon one? (eat less meat)
- take action to save forests
- Demand sustainable measures
Imagine if a third of the population in the globe’s advanced nations followed these six steps.
- The Most Important Takeaway In The New ‘Climate Change Deadline’ Report Is Hidden In The Background, Eric Mack – Forbes, 8 October 2018
- The most effective individual steps to tackle climate change aren’t being discussed – Institute of Physics, 11 July 2017