The Great tribulation may be closer than you think
Revelation 12 is generally accepted† to be describing a mid-tribulation event.
It begins like so:
12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
John the apostle, while on the island of Patmos some 2000 years ago, is shown a vision by an angel. It may well be represented like so:
This is, in fact, a representation of the constellation of the night sky 2000 years into John’s future. It is, perhaps, one of the signs of the “things that shall be”, spoken of by Yeshua. And it is given to the End-Times’ watchmen as a sign of the times. The significance of this warning is not lost on John, although he may not understand all its implications: Jesus via an angel via John is here giving us a ‘heads-up’ on the date, and also the circumstance, of a period of the End Times known as mid-tribulation.
Here is the “crown of 12 stars” that John sees, and the woman clothed with the sun …. and with the moon at her feet, no less. As for Jupiter, He is “in” her pelvis:
The Apostle continues to write what he is shown:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Jupiter, then undergoes a series of retrograde motions ‘within’ the body of Virgo. This ‘to-and-fro’ movement of Jupiter (with respect to the earth) lasts 44 weeks — the period of a human gestation. The Apostle marvels at this never-before witnessed event. This very event, shown to the Apostle John by an angel sent by Yeshua 2000 years ago, is to be plastered on the September 2017 night-sky. And, … it falls on the Feast of Yom Teruah—one of the Almighty’s appointed times.
Here is the image with descriptive overlay:
YOM TERUAH (also known as Rosh Hashanah) is the “Day of Shouting” or the “Day of the Blowing of the Trumpet”, and—by virtue of it being the only feast day to fall on a new moon—became known as “The Feast In Which No Man Knoweth the Day or the Hour.” That phrase was a Hebraic idiom for the combined first and second days of the new moon in the month of Tishri, because the new moon had to be declared by the (naked eye) site of two witnesses (yet another idiomatic expression). This left some ambiguity, of between 12 and 36 hours, for the new moon to “arrive”. To allow adequate time for preparations each year, the Jewish Sanhedrin would mark down both days for celebration ahead of time—and pragmatically refer to it as “one long day”. Jesus is [Mat 24:36; Mar 13:32] giving a veiled reference to the exact date (not an exact reference to a veiled date) so that only End-Time believers would understand, and non-believers would be obfuscated.
And it is a mid-tribulation sign.
And the tribulation is said to be 7-years long.
Now you do the math …
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:
John here appears to be describing an event that will occur on the following Yom Teruah — i.e. September 10, 2018 — which seemingly portends, on one level, to the casting out of Satan (the dragon) from heaven and with him the fallen angels. At an atmospheric level, it may predict a meteor storm or an intense meteor shower. And at an earthly level it may portend other tensions and trials, well apart from the celestial events that will directly impact the earth. The heavenly (celestial) events portend earthly events, because the metaphysical (the unseen) impacts upon the physical (the seen). This is how heaven and earth are connected. [Or if you prefer it in scientific terms, energy cannot be created or destroyed.]
If you think the world’s already lost its mind, watch a year from now when the real show (3 ½ years of Great Tribulation) starts.
Click here to see how to be saved. If you are already saved, be of good cheer and help win the lost and labour for the harvest.
- Some refer to the 3.5 years of Great Tribulation as simply the tribulation, which could be a source of confusion for others.
- †There is a similar wonder that occurred in 2 BC, at the actual time of Messiah’s birth, that preterists like to argue is the ultimate fulfillment of this event. Rather, it was a foreshadowing of the End of Days event that is very soon coming.
[Ed: For the record, I downloaded Stellarium (it’s free). I punched in September 23, 2017, using Jerusalem as my vantage point, and got the same representation. You can try for yourself. The following video takes you through how to do it.]
- End Times Markers: How to Read the Book of Revelation – The Wars of God
- Revelation 12 Woman: 2017 Mid-Tribulation Sign!: The Woman Clothed with the Sun, with the Moon under Her feet, giving birth! – September 2015.com
- Yom Teruw’ah: “The Day That No Man Knows!” – Double Portion Inheritance
If you are interested in biblical astronomy, here are a few posts and blogs dedicated to just that:
- Different constellation arrangements in the heavens confirm fulfillment in Bible prophecy – Heaven Awaits
- The Open Scroll
- The Great Sign of Revelation 12 occurs in 2017 – Signs of the End
- Biblical Astronomy – Amazing Bible
- The Blood Moon Tetrad and the Rev. 12 Heavenly Signs – Try-God
- Stars REVEAL the Jewish Messiah! Biblical Astronomy by Robert Wadsworth – Christianity Beliefs
- Revelation 12 in Bible Prophecy – First Sign, Second Sign, Satan’s Wrath and Persecution of Israel – Way to Jesus
- The Stars in the sky: “As Above, So Below” – Matthew 25 Rapture Blog
- The Micah Prophecy: The Key to Revelation 12 – Watch for the Day
- 23 September 2017: How Rare is the Revelation 12 Heavenly Sign? Once in 7000 Years!! – Socio-Economics History Blog
- The Desert of the Nations, Wilderness of the Peoples – End Time Pilgrim
- Revelation-12 – Biblical Eschatology Blog
- End Times Made Easy … and Complete – Daniel 11: God’s Timeline
Featured Image (where shown)
- Tribulation Meteors – 1.bp.blogspot.com