The Tribulation (Gk: thlipsis; Strong’s # g2347) describes a tumultuous period of cascading events, both temporally and in degree, of great trouble upon the earth. It is initially due to evil (Satan’s influence) upon the earth, and later it is part of the divine judgement for that evil (the ‘Day of the Lord‘).
Some argue that there will be a rapture of the saints before tribulation.
Other say it will happen after the tribulation.
To help put this into perspective, look at timelines and schematic representations (of various interpretations) of the Tribulation:
- Comparison of Pre-Tribulation, Mid-Tribulation, and Post-Tribulation Christian Views – Christian World View Institute
- The Tribulation – Christian World View Institute
- Tribulation Chart – Daily Bible Study
- 7-Year Tribulation Period – Bill Dietrich
- Two Wars of the Tribulation
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.